The fact is, that the United States of America attract lots of people from all over the globe. Students, who are full-time enrolled at university and possess sufficient English knowledge, are eligible to participate in the program «Work and Travel USA». There is no secret that America is in a great need of seasonal or service workers, because this is the small business sector, which is one of the main driving forces of the economy. Employment due to the program «Work and Travel USA» is available in hospitality industry or resort areas - hotels, restaurants, amusement parks or other entry-level positions. All overseas participants can collaborate in one team together with their US counterparts either at seasonal or temporarily entry‐level positions while being on their summer university holiday. This program lets the student to earn money for covering travel and living expenses while staying in USA. That’s why such program as «Work and Travel» in USA offers young people the opportunity to combine seasonal paid work with travelling around the United States, whilst having day(s)-off. After completing their work contract all participants are allowed to travel and do sightseeing for a grace period. A SWAT participant receives non-immigrant J-1 visa, which allows to work in USA during his official summer holidays. This exchange program provides a vital opportunity to experience US and American way of life, thereby developing lasting and meaningful relationships. All J-1 students must return to Ukraine upon completion of “Summer Work and Travel USA” program for sharing their exchange experiences with people in their home country.
Only the US Department of State can designate US sponsors for organizing a participant an exchange visitor program, so called “Work and Travel USA”. All designated sponsors have quotas for issuing DS‐2019 forms which allow the overseas students for further applying for a non-immigrant J‐1 visa at US Embassy in the country of their origin.
- from 18 to 30 years of age
- currently enrolled full‐time university student
- proof of language ability that complies to DoS regulations
- valid passport
- a minimum of USD $800 is required for the first time and needs upon arrival in the U.S.
- a completed USA Work and Travel application form
Benefits of participating in Summer Work and Travel USA Program:
- Mastering English knowledge
- Receiving international experience, while working at US company
- Getting acquainted with international students
- Better understanding of US culture, traditions and way of living
- Doing sightseeing
- Spending summer vacations usefully
All jobs are to be either temporary or seasonal, where possibilities for J-1 students to experience US culture and interact with Americans must be provided. These jobs cannot supersede US workers anyhow. The jobs must adhere to program exclusions and reduce student exchange exposure to hazardous work situations or incidents. Some types of jobs are prohibited for participating in Work and Travel USA program. One can find the detailed list of not permitted job types on the official web-site: j1visa.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/2012-swt-ifr.pdf
US sponsor’s duties:
- Providing all necessary forms and materials to a participant
- Processing of applications in the proper order
- Vetting of employers
- Employment offerings for students or informational materials on finding jobs and housing
- Issuing DS-2019 Forms
- Providing medical insurance
- Assistance and emergency
US employer agrees:
- Each student participant employee will be guaranteed the hours of work already listed on job offer per week, beginning with their first week of employment.
- Participants must be paid at least every two weeks.
- Each participant will be given a set schedule of hours commencing by the second full week of employment.
- Each participant will be paid at the hourly rate for all hours of work, including training, without regard to Employer's quotas for duties performed.
- No deductions from paychecks for transportation, housing, or other fees are allowed without the participant’s express, written consent. Any proposed deductions must be pre-approved by sending them to the student.
- Upon commencement of employment, Employer will provide each participant and US sponsor with its written policy in regards to payment rates for overtime.
- Participants must be paid at least the same amount paid to American employees in the same job category.
- Location of work: Employer will use its best efforts to have participants work at only one location and may not move participants to different locations without US sponsor’s permission in advance.
- Inform US sponsor should there be any change in Participant’s job descriptions and/or work location
- Inform US sponsor of the participant’s arrival named on the agreement at sponsor’s email
- Inform US sponsor should the participant not show for work without cause and/or reason
- Ensure that Participant’s minimum length of employment is 3 weeks and maximum is 4 months
- Ensure that pay to the participant is in accordance with State and Federal law
- Contact US sponsor should any emergency occur regarding the participant
- Inform US sponsor of any change of living arrangements as given in the agreement
- Help the participant in getting involved in cross cultural activities
As a part of the J-1 Summer Work Travel, US employer understands that:
- Participants must contact US sponsor within 10 days of arriving to the USA
- Participants must validate their program within 10 days of the start date on the DS-2019
- Participants are ONLY allowed to work from the start date to the end date indicated on the DS-2019
- Participants are NOT allowed to switch jobs or leave employment without written consent from US sponsor
- Participants are NOT allowed to start the second job without written approval from US sponsor
- Participants must notify US sponsor within 10 days of changing housing address
- Participants (or employers) must notify US sponsor of the work site address changes
- Participants must complete monthly check-ins with US sponsor
- The Work/Travel program is an exchange program. As such, the above-mentioned company agrees to assist to promoting opportunities for cultural exchange with US citizens.
So, if you want to participate in the program «Work and Travel USA» , you should contact our company. We will help you to collect all the necessary documents, as well as carry out the instructions regarding the interview at the US Embassy. After receiving a visa you can pack your things up, be prepared to the program and, of course, plan your trip and make a list of U.S. cities that you would like to visit the most!
номер телефона перед отправкой: ОТПРАВИТЬ