Au pair program in Germany - information and requirements
Au pair Germany program is designed for young people with knowledge of German and for those, who have childcare experience and desie to work with children. While performing au-pair duties one can share cultural views, narrate about Ukraine, its traditions and culture, understand Germans better and make new international friends. Au-pair in Germany program can broaden your horizon and outlook, whilst travelling with your friends as in Germany so within EU-countires. Without a doubt such experience in childcare, travelling, learning languages can help you in your future life and your career.
Au pair Germany requirements
Benefits of Au pair program in Germany:
How much is the au pair program? Participation in the program is much more affordable than, for example, a trip to France or the United States for an international exchange. Taking into account the price of the program, visa costs and transfer to the country, the total will be around 350 euros. And if you consider that the amount of pocket money per month will be 280 euros, the cost of participating in the au pair program in Germany pays off in less than 2 months. Impressive, isn't it?
- Pocket money. The family pays for childcare and household duties € 280 per month. Pocket money is enough for personal needs (and even more) with a stable economic situation in the country and a price policy for public goods. At the same time, three meals a day and accommodation during the term of the contract are free for au pairs in Germany.
- Au pair Germany conditions. Usually 4 - 8 full days per month (1.5 - 2 days off per week). It is forbidden for a German host family to load au pair with heavy physical work or ask to work more than 40 hours per week. If these conditions are violated, we advise you to contact your local au pair program coordinator in Germany. If it does not help, terminate the contract with the family and our German partner organization will select an alternative family within 14 days. Take four weeks' paid leave to travel within Germany or other Schengen countries. For example, medieval Spain, architectural wonders of the Renaissance in Italy, tulip-covered Holland, exquisite and romantic France.
- Au pair duties. Every German family teaches children the basics of independent life from early childhood. The main duties of au pair will be: babysitting (pick up from school, help with lessons, take them to the sport sections, go to the pool or cinema together, etc.). Final responsibilities and hourly work schedule are fixed in the agreement with the host family.
- German language courses. The host family pays 50 euros to learn German at a language school in Germany. Sometimes the family pays the full cost of the course if you can impress the family or you perform your duties and responsibilities at a top-level.
If you have desire to get perfection, want to learn foreign languages and cultures of foreign countries, do not miss a chance to be au-pair in Germany. Punctual and hardworking Germans help you not only with language practise but also with time-management learning.
Au pair Germany documents (step-by-step instruction):
- You have already opened our au pair official website Germany and leave a participation request;
- Having language test with our personell so that to understand the level of foreign language;
- Sign a contract with our company;
- Our coordinators will be reviewing your submitted files;
- We will search and find a host family. After that we will offer possible host families.
- We check the list of documents for applying on au pair Germany visa;
- Welcome to Germany.
Au pair visa to Germany
Connect Abroad Corporation recommendations:
- Au pair in Germany (Deutschland) is suitable for those who wish to learn the basics of time management. How to properly manage your free time and plan every day, all this will be clearly taught you by a German host family.
- The German au pair program is designed for girls (Au-pair Mädchen), but there is also a male au pair Germany program (Au-pair Junge). The choice of families and options for household chores are so wide that everyone who applies will be satisfied.
- We recommend the au pair program in Germany for those who want to master the German language to a fluent level of communication. After a 6-12-months stay in Germany, you will master spoken German at the level of your native language.
- Germany gives a chance to become a student of a prestigious German university in the future, if you want to be educated there. Quality education is provided for a minimal fee in the country.
Au pair Germany reviews
“My responsibilities include helping with light household chores and spending time with children. And children from an early age are taught independence, honesty and justice. In addition, I attend German language courses twice a week. I am also satisfied with the school, the teacher and the staff. "- Ievhenia, Kyiv
Au pair program in Germany reviews beneath or on our youtube channel:
Those who are interested to be au pair in Germany will find mixed reviews in internet. Someone writes that everyone is hospitable as in a fairy tale and perceives the family as their own, someone considers it as slavery and maintains only working relations with the family.
Until you try it yourself, you will not understand. It is impossible to please everyone. Before applying for being a participant in Au Pair Germany program, prioritize yourself correctly, what is in the foreground: money or travel, work or leisure, and so on. And only after that, make a decision about the trip under the au pair Germany program. The main thing is to believe in your own strengths and do not be afraid to discover new things.
Au Pair in Austria is also a program in a German speaking country.